Famed photographer Ray of Melbourne shared his decade-long career from a beginner photographer to becoming one of Melbourne’s top Instagram profiles and how he has successfully monetised his Instagram account, reached millions of people around the world and living his purpose every day through his commitment to his photography passion and his dedication to the craft of capturing and showcasing the best of Melbourne for the world to see.
“Keep creating, experience is the best way to gain skills and knowledge.” Ray of Melbourne.
This is an exclusive Show Up Stage interview.
Ray of Melbourne Instagram Success – Here’s his story:
1. How did it all begin with @rayofmelbourne on Instagram in 2012?
the learning process
2. How have you adapted to the significant changes on Instagram
the trend from photos to reels
love the change
more engagement, more authenticity
3. You have successfully monetised your Instagram account, can you tell us more about it?
My aim in life is just to be a photographer
Tourism Australia, Tourism Victoria, City of Melbourne Council
Appreciation and commitment to craft
4. What are your happiest memories in the journey so far?
road trips in regional Victoria especially Bright & Warnambool
happiest are bringing my family to work with me, it’s priceless
5. Your content shift during the Melbourne lockdowns reached millions of people around the world. What led to it?
It was the toughest time I’ve ever experienced in my life
Inspired by other inspirational videos, added my own flair
Scenes of Melbourne in lockdown and expression with words
Very emotional and audience related to my reels.
6. You put Melbourne on Instagram’s global map. Do you get lots of attention from people outside of Melbourne?
- Before they visit or move here, they look at my content and they like it
- When they get here, they get to see experiences they can go to
7. Your vision for Ray of Melbourne moving forward?
I want to showcase more about Melbourne, to make it more well-known to the world
to show what it’s like to live in the most livable city in the world
8. One tip for aspiring content creators or Instagrammers
Keep creating, experience is the best way to gain skills & knowledge.
Thank you for watching this exclusive interview on Show Up Stage. If you appreciate what Ray has shared with us, please reach out to him with a little gratitude message.
If you find this inspiring and would like me to produce more meaningful content like this, please let me know via Instagram DM and share this with someone.